The founder of a Religion of deceit
Christian Science fiction is delusion taught by Mary Baker Eddy
By Don Koenig
Christian Science is neither Christian nor scientific. It is an anti-Christian cult. It a collection of plagiarisms
from the manuscripts of P.P. Quimby and delusions
of a greedy demented woman named Mary Baker Eddy. In short Christian Science is a religion of deceit.
(most of the following bullet statements
are summerizations found in "The Kingdom of the Cults", by Dr. Walter Martin)
Christian Science fiction delusion teaches:
- Christian Science teaches that the Bible is full of mistakes they switch terminology and spiritualize texts until they have no divine revelation whatsoever --
To them Scripture is made up of metaphors, allegories,
myths and fables.
- Christian Science teaches that they have
rediscovered the healing principle of Jesus and his disciples, lost since the early Christian era
- Christian Science denies any trinity other
than life, truth and love
- Christian Science teaches that Jesus is not God
- Christian Science teaches God is divine
principle, God is mind, God is all in all, God is impersonal -- man is an idea of God
- Christian Science teaches that man is coexistent and coeternal with God
- Christian Science teaches Jesus was born
because of Mary's thoughts of life and its manifestation -- Mary conceived the spiritual idea of God and named it Jesus
- Christian Science teaches that the sick
are healed by knowing that there is no sickness - sickness is part of the error which truth casts out
- Christian Science teaches that disease,
sin, sickness and death are all illusions
- Christian Science teaches there was no atonement for us by the blood of Jesus -- They say "He atoned for the terrible unreality of a supposed
existence apart from God"
- Christian Science teaches Jesus did not die, He was hidden -- He never rose from the dead physically
- Christian Science teaches that prayer to a personal God will lead us into temptation it is a hindrance
not a help. They say the only true prayer is
the affirmation of principle allness
- Christian Science teaches that man is inherently
- Christian Science denies that the physical
body even exists
- Christian Science teaches the ascension
was Jesus rising above the physical knowledge of his disciples and the material senses saw him no more
- Christian Science teaches that the sinner
makes his own hell by doing evil, and the saints their own heaven by doing what is right
- Christian Science teaches that Heaven is
the reign of Divine Science -- Heaven is harmony
- Christian Science teaches that man is God's idea and he is already saved
- Christian Science teaches that death is
an illusion the lie of life in matter; the unreal and untrue; the opposite of Life.
Man is an idea in the mind of God?
Since nothing evil exists and life is an illusion it is easy
to be a happy delusional Christian Scientist. They do not want to look at the possibility of physical reality.
Someday soon they will find out that the real idea in God's mind was to send His Son to save them from such self-delusion but that they would have none of it.
For more information please read the following book or
one of Dr. Martin's other writings. "The Kingdom
of the Cults" by Dr. Walter Martin.
Also check my apologetics links on my website directory for experts on the cults.
to apostasy in the church and cult index
Prophetic Years | Bible prophecy and end time worldviews