If you believed some of the revival hype that was going around back a few years ago, you might have been lead to believe that by now people in our nation would be fasting, praying and repenting so that God would heal our land. That obviously is not happening.
There were Christian rallies that were advertised as the kick off for this great American revival. The Billy Graham message, “My Hope for America” was to be the big event that would really get this revival going. Some four years later this leads me to ask, have you seen any evidence of a national revival? Let me know if you have seen any real revival taking place across our land because I see no signs of it.
Oh, I know we have Charismatics on TV saying that revival is taking place wherever they go, but it is always the same people who are getting revived in these continuous false revivals. I have heard about their revival claims for over 40 years.
Heck, if you believe the Charismatic media hucksters, they must have revived Africa ten times over by now. However, if you look at reality, most of their converts in Africa have a hybrid Christianity. They either mix Word of Faith twisted scriptures and signs and wonders presumptions or else they mix Roman Catholicism with traditional African pagan spiritualism. The same goes for Latin America nations. It is easy to claim Christian converts when confessing Christianity by many Africans and Latinos just means Christianizing old pagan practices.
It is much the same in the charismatic movement in America, except here they mix Jesus with New Age spiritualism. There are those that are always claiming to have a prophetic word from the Lord about everything, but their words and works mostly promote themselves. I have had enough experiences with these kind of Christians over the years to know the majority of them are really caught up into spiritualism and false delusions. Besides these obvious false revival claims, do we have any real evidence that the calls for American revival are actually producing revival? Are Americans beginning to repent of evil?
There seems to be more evidence to the contrary. Americans as a whole are so repentant of their own ways that they allow the destruction of the family unit to continue. Since the calls for revival were made, homosexual marriage has become the law in America. Virtually all couples now shack up together before they get married (if they ever do). Many children are not allowed to be born by their mother and almost half of the children in America are brought up by a single parent. Is that revival?
Black Americans are so repentant about black violence and lawlessness that most of the pastors will not say a word of correction from the pulpit or to the media. Many black American parents are so repentant that most still do not supervise, correct, or teach morality to their children. Is that revival?
The Latino communities of America are so repentant that they allow violent Drug Gangs to prevail. Most of the many million Latinos that illegally entered the United States show no respect for God or country but American politicians, religious leaders and progressives harbor them. I do see major growing racism. Is that the revival we should be looking for?
If Christian people are supposed to lead the revival, you might think that they might start with the Christian media. They should purge out the heretics and those endorsing destructive behavior. Christian leaders hobnobbing with the perverted and the heretics, often in the name of Christian unity or patriotism have allowed heretical fringe teachings to come into the mainstream. Now, the whole loaf is slowly being leavened with doctrines of demons and doctrines of unstable men and women. Few Christian leaders take a stand against anything. You might think that congregations full of Christians would hold their pastors accountable for their aberrant teaching and their worldly associations. However, that is not happening, I see no revival taking place even in what is called Christianity.
Repenting in blue jeans and marijuana ashes and choosing not to rock the boat going down the way of Willow Creek or the many Saddleback tributaries is not going to forestall judgment on America.
The “revival” on going in America seems to be well on its way to change a democratic republic into an atheist oligarchy if you ask me. If the Marxists prevail, more atheist judges will be appointed that will legislate from the bench and force all to recite their own pledge of allegiance.
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the Socialists States of America, and to the Socialist Democratic Atheist Party for which it stands, one nation under the potentate, with oppression and injustice for all dissenters.
The stunning Christian revival now underway in America is likely to bring about the following unless something worse happens first, and that is even more likely:
- The Constitution will continue to be ignored or changed to reflect the collective consensus of the socialist atheists.
- There will be a revolt by some Christians and conservatives. The best outcome is the divorce of some conservative areas, the worst outcome is a bloody civil war.
- A police state of bureaucratic decrees mainly enforced through crony corporations and nationalized and militarized local police forces.
- Guns will be confiscated so that there can be no resistance.
- American military people overseas will be under international control.
- Amnesty for criminals except for millions of political prisoners and some violent felons
- Drugs will be legal and taxed.
- Sex crimes will be decriminalized.
- Forced re-education (indoctrination) camps.
- There will be a much smaller middle class.
- America will default on its debt and international bankers will dictate economic policy and taxes.
- The living standard will become about equal to or less than that of Mexico.
- Government will control everyone and everything. They will use electronic surveillance, media platforms and snitches to bring that about.
- Mexico and Canada might build border fences to try to keep American refugees out.
- For all practical purposes America will only have a one party system – the political right will be outlawed as fascist haters.
- The economic crash will force America to drastically reduce the military. America will no longer be a world leader.
- Israel and Jews will be hated in the cities of America and Jews will find it necessary to immigrate to Israel.
- The Med Union (now EU, North Africa, and Middle East), Russia and allies, China and India will run the new world order.
- Christianity will only be allowed in state approved churches and the Christian message will be watered down to accommodate sin and other “paths to God”. There will be no proselytizing. Those not complying will be persecuted. A new Bible will be the only version allowed. This Bible will not contain sex sins or future prophecy. It will be called the SAV (SCOTUS Authorized Version) Bible.
- Parents will not be allowed to teach religion, sex education, or anything that is not politically correct to their children. Violations will be seen as child abuse. Children will be encouraged to report any such abuse.
- There will be no exempt churches or tax deductions to support anything that is religious based.
- Home schooling will not be allowed. Preschool indoctrination attendance will be required.
- Private property will only be by government permission and all land use will be dictated by the government.
For those still expecting some great American revival, I might ask, revival to what? Revival to the ways of our past that brought us to where we are now? Revival to give the gospel of salvation again to a world that has already rejected it? Revival so that we can have more materialism in America? Revival for revival sake, like many of our churches have each year?
What would God have to do to get Americans to repent of their sins and make Jesus Lord of their life? Love did not work. They reject the Jesus that died for them. Wars do not work. We have had wars for centuries. Storms and Earthquakes do not work. People like to blame God for them but then live like it was just some freak act of mother nature. Unbelievers will explain away most anything as a natural or man caused event. It seems that the only thing that is going to get America or most nations in the world to take notice that there is a God in Heaven who actively determines events on the earth, is something like what happened in Egypt in the days before Exodus.
In those days, God determined that He would bring out Israel by sending ten judgments on a very defiant nation. By the time Egypt was all but destroyed they could not deny that God was involved. Even so, they still chose to rebel against Him by attacking the people that He chose to deliver. Something like that will have to happen again before America and the world in general will even believe that God is actively involved in the world. Even then, many will not repent.
Come to think of it, repentance is what the tribulation is all about. The role of the two witnesses will be much like that of Moses and Aaron. The testimony of the two witnesses will not bring national repentance but their message will bring about some individual repentance. In spite of all the hype you hear about some great American revival, it probably will take tribulation judgments to produce any real repentance and revival in America.
Editor note: This is a rewrite of an article on my old blog posted in 2013.