Many still talk about America being united but where is the union, Jack? We are still called The United States of America, nevertheless where is the Union Jack? I simply am not seeing much unity in America. This nation under Obama has become more divided than any time since the Civil War.
- Some American politicians are on the far left and some are on the far right, but the majority are controlled by special interest money brokers.
- In American Christianity we have the social reformers and the great commissioners, but the majority are the latter day Laodiceans.
- In American economics we have the Keynesian school and the Austrian school, but the majority is in the “what’s in it for me” school.
- In the American justice system we have those that want law and order and we have the criminal minds, but the majority just does what is right in their own eyes.
- In our American education system we have the teachers and the learners, the indoctrinators and the brainwashed, but the majority haven’t given it any real thought.
- In the news media we have those that report news and those that give the news their spin, but the majority don’t want to rock the boat.
- In the marketplace we have those that offer products of quality and those that just offer crap, but the majority offer Chinese products insuring American unemployment.
- In American conversations we have the truth tellers and the liars, but the majority just tell people what they think they want to hear.
- In our American bureaucracies we have true servants and true control freaks, but mediocre team players are the true consensus.
The point is that there are divisions between good and evil people in America but neither group is in the majority. The future of our nation is in the hands of the majority where selfishness and apathy now rules. Paul Proctor in who’s taking our liberty? make a profound statement.
We can cite the founding fathers and give lip service to the Lord all we want, but are we the same God-fearing people our Constitution and Bill of Rights were written for – or do we look and sound more like the kind of place God should send fire and brimstone raining down upon?
Consider the charge against Sodom and you tell me:
“Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.” – Ezekiel 16:49-50
For those who are just now waking up to the reality around us, our precious liberty is under siege here in America. But, will that loss of liberty be the end of he road? If Almighty God, the giver of liberty, permits it to be taken it away, for whatever reason, how then can we or anyone else take it back?
There will be no taking America back if the people keep on the same path that led to the destruction of other civilizations. Proctor also says:
The point is this: Spreading the Gospel was more important to Paul than retaining or regaining his liberty. Sure, there will always be those among us who cry: “Give me liberty or give me death.” Isn’t it interesting though that Paul didn’t see his loss of liberty as the end of the road, but just another spiritual stop along the way to the kingdom of God?
Finally, as you consider or maybe reconsider, who’s to blame for liberty lost here in America and what should be done about it, I hope you’ll take a minute to watch a short and startling video I’ve provided a link to below. It might give you a new perspective on things and help you plan for the future.
Click on the link above and go to Proctor’s article to download the video on God’s Judgment on America. (I have not watched it because I only have dial-up, so fill me in if you want).
In this divided nation there are also some Christians like Dave Daubenmire that think they should run for Congress as the answer to setting America back on the right road. However, even in the title of Daubenmire’s own article he claims the nation is filled with Luke Warm Christian Leadership. So he fully knows and even says in that article that they think he is too radical and they will not support him. So I am not getting his point? Why run for congress and split the vote so that the more evil of the two parties can retain almost total control and allow it to continue to pass evil laws? If both parties are evil like Dave thinks it would be better to go for stalemate.
I guess Dave must think that Christians in this nation do not reflect Christian leadership and he has some illusion that they will vote for him. But, in reality the Christian leadership does reflect Christians in America. Most Christians in America are lukewarm at best.
Christians that tell the truth about sin cannot get elected anymore in most parts of America because there is no union. There is a minority in this nation that still believe the Bible but there are not enough of them in most areas of the country to even elect Bible literalists like Daubenmire to dog catcher. There is no union Jack even among those that identify with Christianity in this nation. I hope you prove me wrong, Dave.
Don Koenig is the founder of ThePropheticYears website. He has been publishing articles on the Internet on Bible prophecy, biblical discernment and Christian worldviews since 1999. You can find well over a thousand articles and thousands of comments written by Don from the homepage of this website.