If you believed some of the Christian revival hype that was going around this year, you might have been lead to believe that by Thanksgiving our nation would be in sack cloth and ashes humbling themselves and praying and repenting so God would heal our land. That is what some Christian media hucksters tried to sell you, but reality turned out quite differently. It seems that the camp-outs for Black Friday that will be ushering in the commercialism of Christmas will supersede any post Thanksgiving national repentance.
There have been Christian rallies this year that were advertised as the kick off for this American revival but they brought little response. The Billy Graham message, “My Hope for America” on November 7th, was to be the big event that would really get this revival going. Therefore, I have to ask, have you seen any evidence of a revival starting anywhere in America? Let me know if you have seen any real revival taking place across our land because I see no signs of it.
Oh, I know we have Charismatics on TV saying that revival is taking place wherever they go, but it is always the same people who are getting revived in these continuous false revivals. I have heard about their revival claims for 40 years. Heck, if you believe the Charismatic media hucksters, they must have revived Africa ten times over by now. However, if you look at reality, most of their converts in Africa have a hybrid Christianity that mixes Charismatic signs and wonders hype, with its twisted scriptures, with traditional African spiritualism. It is easy to claim Christian converts when confessing Christianity by many Africans just means putting new names on old spirits and pagan practices.
It is much the same in Charismatic America, except they mix Jesus with New Age spiritualism. There are those that are always claiming to have a prophetic word from the Lord about everything, but their words and works promote themselves or produce money in their own pocket. Revival of false Christianity is not the revival that we need in America. I have had enough experiences with these Word of Faith believers over the years to know that they fall in two main categories. There are the self promoting hucksters and there that are those caught up into endless delusions.
Do we have any evidence that Americans are beginning to repent and revival is coming? There is more evidence to the contrary.
As I speak, black youths are still roaming around cities looking for a victim that they can knock out with one punch. Other black mobs are looting stores and all of this lawlessness is downplayed by the perpetrators and the media as being some sort of game? It is not a game; it is murder and stealing. Black christian churches are so repentant about this black violence and lawlessness that the pastors will not say a word of correction from the pulpit or to the media, and black American parents are so repentant that most do not supervise, correct, or teach morality to their children. I see no revival in the black American community.
Americans as a whole are so repentant of their own ways that they allow the destruction of the family unit to continue. I believe homosexual marriage will be the law in 16 states by Jan 1st. You can’t just blame federal government if the majority of people in our states are going to vote to legalize and sanction this abomination. Virtually all couples now shack up together before they get married (if they ever do). Many children are not allowed to be born by their mother and almost half of the children in America are brought up by a single parent. I see no revival among the John and Jane Doe’s of America.
If God’s people are supposed to lead the revival you might think that they might start with the Christian media and purge out the heretics and those endorsing destructive behavior. Instead, once respected teachers are now losing all credibility by aligning with the perverted and by endorsing false teachers. By hobnobbing with the perverted and the heretics, often in the name of Christian unity or patriotism, they have allowed heretical fringe teachings to come into the mainstream. Now, the whole loaf is slowly being leavened with doctrines of demons and unstable men and women. Few Christian leaders take a stand against any unbiblical teaching. I see no revival in Christian leadership.
If there were any revival in our land, you might think that congregations would hold certain Christian pastors accountable for their aberrant teaching and the ungodly associations that they even allow in their own pulpits. I see no revival in our congregations.
Repenting in blue jeans and marijuana ashes and choosing not to rock the boat that is going down the way of Willow Creek and its many tributaries is not going to forestall judgment on America.
The “revival” in America seems to be well on its way to change a democratic republic into an atheist theocracy if you ask me. With the removal of the filibuster in the Senate, many more socialist atheist judges will be appointed that will legislate from the bench and force all to recite their own pledge of allegiance. It just might read – I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the Socialists States of America, and to the Social Democratic Atheist Party for which it stands, one Nation under the Potentate, with oppression and injustice for all dissenters.
This stunning Christian revival in America is likely to bring about the following unless something worse happens first, and that is even more likely:
- The Constitution will be changed to reflect the collective consensus of the Socialist Atheist Democrats (SAD)
- There will be a revolt by some Christians and conservatives. The best outcome is the divorce of some conservative states, the worst outcome is a civil war
- A domestic militia that will enforce a police state mainly through nationalized and militarized local police forces
- Guns will be confiscated and there will be armed militia on every block to keep law and order
- Any American foreign military will totally be under international control
- Amnesty for criminals except for political prisoners and violent felons – drugs will be legal and taxed
- Most sex crimes will be decriminalized
- Forced re-education (indoctrination) camps
- The end of most of the middle class
- America will default on its debt and international bankers will dictate economic policy and taxes
- The living standard will become about equal to that of Mexico
- Government will control everyone and everything. They will use electronic surveillance and snitches to bring about total control
- Mexico and Canada will build border fences to keep Americans out
- For all practical purposes America will only have a one party system (SAD) – anything like the Tea Party will be outlawed
- The economic crash will force America to disarm. America will no longer be a world leader
- Israel and Jews will be hated in the cities of America and Jews will find it necessary to immigrate to Israel
- The Med Union (now EU, North Africa, and Middle East), Russia and allies, China and allies, and India and allies will run the world
- Christianity will only be allowed in state approved churches and the Christian message will be watered down to accommodate other so-called paths to God. There will be no proselytizing. Evangelical Christians will be persecuted
- Parents will not be allowed to teach religion, sex education, or anything that is not politically correct to their children. Violations will be seen as child abuse. Children will be encouraged to report any such abuse.
- There will be no tax deductions to support anything that is religious based
- Home schooling will not be allowed
- Private property will only be by State permission and all land use will be dictated by the State
For those still expecting some great revival in America I would like to ask, revival to what? Revival to the ways of our past that brought us to where we are now? Revival to only then be taken away in the Rapture? Revival to give the gospel of salvation to a world that has already largely rejected it? Revival so that we can have more wealth and materialism in America? Revival for revival sake, like many of our churches have each year?
What would God have to do to get Americans to repent of their sins and make Him Lord of their life? Love did not work, they reject the Jesus that died for them. Wars do not work, we have had wars for centuries. Storms do not work, we saw that in Sandy and Katrina. Earthquakes and tidal waves do not work, we saw that in Indonesia, Hatti, and Japan. Anyone see any mass repentance and great revival coming as a result of these recent events?
Unbelievers will explain away most anything as a natural or man caused event. It seems that the only thing that is going to get America or most nations in the world to take notice that there is a God in Heaven that actively determines events on the earth, is something like what happened in Egypt in the days before Exodus.
In those days, God determined that He would bring out Israel by sending ten judgments on a very defiant nation. By the time Egypt was all but destroyed they could not deny that God was involved, but they still chose to rebel against Him by attacking the people that He chose to deliver. Something like that will have to happen again before America and the world in general will even believe that God is actively involved in the world. Even then most would not repent.
Come to think of it, that is what the tribulation is all about. The role of the two witnesses will be much like that of Moses and Aaron. The testimony of the two witnesses will not even bring national repentance but their message will bring about some individual repentance. In spite of all the hype you hear about some great American revival, it probably will take tribulation judgments to produce revival in America.
All comments to my posts are monitored before posting. Please read comment policy (top bar) and especially stay on topic if you expect your comment to be posted
Don Koenig founded www.thepropheticyears.com website in 1999 after almost thirty years of independent study on the Bible and learning from many astute teachers within Christendom. Don created his website to write about Bible prophecy, biblical discernment and his Christian worldviews. Don wrote a free Revelation commentary ebook in 2004 named "The Revelation of Jesus Christ Through The Ages". The World and Church and Bible Prophecy section of this website was started in 2007.