I think America has gone past the point of no return. I see no political solutions to the problems because the problems are really a result of the immorality of the people. Just changing some of the government overseers for a slightly different set of government overseers will just bring upon us a different set of problems. It will not cure the fatal disease of mortal rot that is now so evidently being displayed throughout our society.
Here are 25 symptoms that argue that America has a fatal disease:
1. Race and class hatred is rising dramatically in America because many people covet what others have and believe that those living today owe them something for what happened to their ancestors. Most people in the US claim to be Christian but many have no regard at all for the tenth commandment. Covetousness brings about social evils that brings about wars and conflicts. God said that all covetousness is sin. If you have need of anything ask God for it. Christians are not to obsess over what our neighbors have. Occupying until Jesus comes is not coveting what others have.
Jas 4:1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
Those that control media and many in the largest political party in the United States are actively promoting race and class hatred between Americans. More than three years after the majority of Americans elected its first black president, there are evil people associated with the Democratic party that are using Obama’s race to further divide this country rather than to unite it.
Because of this focus on race and class hated and covetousness by these people, I think there will be race riots, flash mobs and violence against whites in our cities this summer. The threat of a race war by those that want to blame the white race for their own wrong choices will become very real if Obama loses the election or the economy gets worse or cuts to social programs are made.
2. America has departed from the Constitution. The federal government is doing anything it wants and many of the states are doing the same. Nobody is being held accountable to the law of the land. Few take seriously the oath they took when they took public office or joined the military. Most Americans now only care about what the government will do for them.
3. The American Government has become dysfunctional. Nothing worthwhile gets through the system until they are about to shut down and then few know what is in the bills until after they already signed them. The government is not dealing with the long-term debt problems of this nation. We have not even had a federal budget in three years. About the only thing that now passes Congress are spending bills forced by a tyranny of the majority and more government restrictions forced on the American people by socialist special interest groups that are funded by humanistic globalist foundations.
4. The Supreme Court is soon likely to turn Left even if Romney is elected President. That will mean that the Constitution will be interpreted through socialistic humanism. The law of the land and our individual rights will increasingly conform to the dictates of the UN.
5. In the name of national security Americans have already allowed everything necessary for a tyrannical police state to be established. Every time something happens more rights will be taken away in the name of national security and safety. These Big Brother police forces become self serving and they never get smaller. It will increasingly lead to tyranny and they will continue to expand their mission until everyone is in compliance with a centralized police state agenda.
You might think that the recent history of the world would show the ruling elite the errors of their ways but they never learn. They always think they are smarter and more enlightened than the previous generation. They are wrong. That is why our Constitution set bounds for national government and gave it limited powers. Nevertheless, they insists on following familiar paths and the end result will be all to familiar authoritarian tyranny.
6. Most identifying themselves as Christians in America do not even know the essential doctrines of the Christian faith. Most of their churches do not teach the Bible. Almost all calling themselves Christians in America do not have a Christian worldview. Most identifying with Christianity are now just as corrupted as the rest of society. One half of Americans believe the Bible, the Quran, and The Book of Mormon are just different expressions of the same truth but nothing could be further from the truth.
7. America will not recover economically. Prices and taxes will go up and wages and the dollar will go down. America will not be able to pay its long-term entitlements and debts. Right now savers are the big losers. Seniors are being robbed by a Federal Reserve that buys up debt with money that they just create to keep interest rates artificially low for the banks. Savers are losing much of their net worth by buying banks CD’s and government bonds. Seniors invested in CD’s or bonds have lost 10 to 20 percent of their inflation adjusted net worth over the last few years.
Since there are no safe investments that pay higher interest rates than CD’s and federal government bonds, the stock market has been rising, but stocks will crash when interest rates and prices inevitably rise, or else inflation will wipe out any real gains. Small investors in the stock market will again lose the most.
If the $500 billion tax increase forecasted for Jan 2013 goes into effect, the US will go right back into recession. If government spending is not cut drastically we will soon go into a debt crises but there is no political will to make meaningful cuts in federal spending. If the Federal Reserve keeps printing money to buy our own debts as they have been doing, we will soon see hyperinflation.
Even after adding $5 trillion to our nation debt in three years, there still has been no real economic recovery. We are now at the point where borrowing more debt to stimulate the economy will have the opposite effect. The loss of confidence to pay off our debts will just lead to higher interest rates and further decline. There really is no answer for the world debt problem. They can only kick the can so far down the road and then the can falls in a black hole. They will have to start over with a new world economic system.
Government says that unemployment is now falling but it is really the size of the labor force that is falling. There are a million more people in the US each year but there are several million fewer people in the work force than just a few years ago. Many for various reasons are no longer counted as being in the work force. (where did they go? The unemployment numbers that the government is publishing for public consumption is a crafted fabrication.) There are more people on food stamps than ever before, so people are not getting jobs that pay a living wage.
8. America will not do what is necessary to tap its own energy resources in this decade. Even if Romney gets elected, energy development will be hindered by the Senate and environmental groups using activist judges. Obama actually wants higher energy prices so that his alternative energy cronies can compete. By executive order, Obama just set up federal government controls over natural gas production. The reason for this is that domestic natural gas production was about to reverse the rise in energy prices and put Obama’s government subsidized alternative energy projects out of business.
9. America has sown the seeds of destruction of its professional military. Many good professionals will now leave the service but more of the undesirables will stay in. America will become vulnerable to an attack and that will just feed the police state spiral.
10. The United States is overdue for a severe long-term drought and all indications are that this drought is already upon us and now spreading.
11. The sun appears to be going into a cycle of lower solar activity. If that is true, the earth will cool and there will be crop failures here and elsewhere that will drive world food prices higher. Just check the price of beef if you think the drought in the southwest is not already impacting this nation.
12. Volcanoes and earthquakes are on an increasingly active cycle. It is becoming likely that a volcanic eruption will cool the earth and effect global food production and prices. Nuclear power plants and cities are also in danger.
13. Because of 60 million abortions and birth control in America the population is aging. The demographics suggest that there will be less economic growth as the baby boomers age. More elderly people with declining incomes and consumption will be negative for economic growth for a couple of decades.
14. Most Americans lack good morals. Sins that were once kept secret because they were not acceptable in society, are now on every video screen and are flaunted. Do you really think that God will continue to bless this America? Many Christians present themselves as Christians in church but act like God does not exist once they walk out the church door.
15. American public schools are second-rate compared to the other first world nations and the amount of money spent per student is not the problem. Kids are not even learning the basics that are necessary to be successful in the world. Many graduate from high school but they hardly can read or write or even fill out a job application. Many accepted for colleges have to take remedial courses because they have not learned the basics in high school. Then when they graduate from college there are no jobs available because there is no demand in the soft academic fields that they are most likely to choose. Hardly any learn how to critically think for themselves in our education system. Public schools are mainly indoctrination centers for leftist humanistic propaganda.
16. The real unemployment rate of young people is equal to that of the great depression. This is going to bring increasing social unrest. For example, the Occupy Movements.
17. American pastors and church leaders continually talk about things that mainly appeal to the flesh. They are not preparing and equipping Christians for the troubles, trials and persecutions that are coming to America, nor are they teaching them sound Christian doctrine.
18. American churches have lost their youth; not one in ten young people claiming to be Christians can even give a reasonable biblical answer for why they claim they are saved. Most local churches are becoming full of white-haired people and mega churches are becoming full with the living dead.
19. Demonic media comics mock God and everything good in this country and Americans love to laugh with them, even through such things are leading America to its destruction. Americans are addicted to media bread and circuses. Even many Christians laugh when any Christian national figure is thrown to these demonic lions.
20. Even if there are honest elections the election process can now be something of a sham in America. Special interest groups have learned how to manipulate the elections for the outcome that they desire. For example, if some bill they want does not pass the first time, they will just return the referendum in a special election when they know the turn out will be small so that a good turn out by their special interest people will pass the referendum. On the other hand, if something they don’t like passes they will try to find an activist judge to overturn it.
21. Many millions of Americans are on mind altering drugs. Drug gangs control our inner cities and whole countries, but there would not be a market if millions of Americans were not buying these drugs. America has the highest incarceration rate in the world and the largest prison population of any nation. Much of this is due to illegal drug use.
22. Half of this country pays no income taxes and half are at least partly dependent on a government check each month. A large segment collects a welfare check but then works under the table on the side, and they do not declare their income.
23. Some American lifestyles are very unhealthy. A minority of self abusers are driving up the cost of health care for everyone else. The cost of healthcare per person in America is almost double any other advanced country in the world.
24. Many people in America are crooks and deadbeats just looking for their next sucker. The Internet is full of them as is “Christian” TV. Many do not make any attempt to pay what they know they owe. Many will do anything if they think they can get away with it. They will even scrap your electric lines if they believe nobody is watching.
25. Much of America is becoming anti-Semitic. Many blame the Jews for everything.
Don Koenig founded www.thepropheticyears.com website in 1999 after almost thirty years of independent study on the Bible and learning from many astute teachers within Christendom. Don created his website to write about Bible prophecy, biblical discernment and his Christian worldviews. Don wrote a free Revelation commentary ebook in 2004 named "The Revelation of Jesus Christ Through The Ages". The World and Church and Bible Prophecy section of this website was started in 2007.